Sunday 7 January 2007

How i got into parkour and my first chapter of my journey

Hey im Alex im prity new to Parkour (bout three months) but put loads of effort in to try n get close to the level of some people in leeds, i started off up the road muckin about on my own doin volts over big walls and getting up and over obstacles then at the start of year 10 i became best mates with Dewi, found out he was interested in parkour so me him and his brother Gwesyn went up to these abandoned flats i new about from wen i skated and i wouldnt even do a metre roof gap to start with but after 15 minutes i did it lol nd since that day iv been freeing my mind more and more and am now finding 4 metre roof gaps small and im hoping to do a 6 metre one but need to go on a bank holiday wen my school is closed up with no teachers about.

So i supose im at an advantage having those flats there giving me a better spirital understanding of parkour getting over things in your mind.
I descovered about the steel city gym sessions threw the northern parkour website. went along with Dewi and Gwesyn and met Scott Mcquade who gave me loads of help and advice down there and told me about the wypk web site i got his addy threw that then spoke on msn got the details about the jams in leeds and decided to catch a train up there to meet up with him and its all gone from there really and im now in LX Lost Xistance with Liam, Dex, Sean, Dewi and Gwesyn (i took Dewi and Gwesyn to leeds for the first time on sat) i now feel im twice as good as when i went to my first jam in leeds. cheers to every1 who's been giving me help.

Alex.

1 comment:

mcquade said...

Hey, glad to see you have started a blog. You progress so fast when you are around others it's untrue!
You have techniques far beyond your time (time training that is) in some aspects of your parkour but others still need a lot of work. Your arm jumps and climbups are amazing for 3 months training but your vaults (yes that is how you spell 'vault') are average at best... I think that is somthing you could focus your mind on the next few weeks ;)

Keep it up man
Peace



Parkour Energising Britain